What Makes Movers, Not Shakers! Different from Other Moving Companies in NYC
When you’re looking for a moving company in New York City, there are a lot of options out there. From established firms to Craigslist ads, it’s really hard to know where to begin, whom to trust, and what sets companies apart. At Movers, Not Shakers!, we do things differently–all the way from how the company started ten years ago.
Our founder, Mark Ehrhardt, started his career in the tech and finance industry, and while witnessing the post 9/11 crisis he realized one simple thing: “People need to make a decent amount of money. Not everything in life should be a cost-based analysis of how to get the cheapest job.” That’s how the priorities of Movers, Not Shakers! were formulated. Even the company name, Movers, Not Shakers!, is all about how to shake up the moving industry. (But obviously we promise not to shake up your stuff!)
We’re a green moving company and our Green initiative has been in place since 2007. Fuel and packing materials are the two biggest polluters of the moving industry and Movers, Not Shakers! has been on the forefront to change that in New York City. Here are 5 things that set us apart:
1. We Use Biodiesel: Since 2005, we’ve been using Tri-State Biodiesel for our moving trucks. Sourced from area restaurants and refined, biodiesel is a clean, renewable, carbon-neutral alternative to petroleum fuel that cuts emissions by as much as 80%.
2. We Use Bins Instead of Boxes: By using reusable bins instead of boxes and packing tape, our GothamBox™ method saves 25 to 200 pounds of cardboard per move. That’s a savings for you, and the environment. We were the first licensed moving company to use this method in New York.
3. We Pay a Living Wage: That means you get a better class of mover, but not at a higher cost. The average tenure of our movers and drivers is six years, with the longest employee at eleven years. They know what they’re doing inside and out, and they are careful with your stuff.
4. We Make Things Easy: You get your price before the move and we stick to it, no surprises. Our useful online moving form helps you understand how much you have and what you’ll need to preparing for the move. The clean bins are delivered a week before and we pick them up a week after your delivery, giving ample time for packing and unpacking.
5. We Support the Local Community: We partner with the Lower East Side Ecology Center and Wearable Collections so you can recycle your unwanted clothing and electronic for a “Complete Green Move.” We’re a homegrown, small business in Brooklyn and we’re committed to making New York City a more livable, sustainable place.
For a socially responsible move, with experienced movers and a competitive price, fill out our estimate form and we’ll get back to you shortly.