8 Reasons Why Movers, Not Shakers! Trucks Run on Biodiesel
Since 2005, Movers, Not Shakers! has been using Tri-State Biodiesel for our moving trucks. Here are 8 reasons why biodiesel is good for the community, the environment, and the economy.
1. Biodiesel is a clean, renewable, carbon-neutral alternative to petroleum fuel that cuts emissions by as much as 80%.
2. Tri-State Biodiesel supports local businesses, picking up cooking oil from area restaurants and refining it.
3. Biodiesel production at Tri-State also reduces carbon byproducts, because the plants used absorb more carbon dioxide than is produced when the fuel is burned.
4. All of the biodiesel at Tri-State is domestically produced and sustainable. Not only does this reduce our reliance on foreign imports, it creates jobs for Americans.
5. Biodiesel is rapidly biodegradable and non-toxic. Biodiesel is far less damaging to the environment than petroleum fuel.
6. Biodiesel is recognized by the EPA as an alternative fuel, the only fuel that has passed Tier I and Tier II Health Effects Testing under the Clean Air Act.
7. Biodiesel is better for our health: According to the American Lung Association, biodiesel emissions are 90% less toxic than petro-diesel.
8. Tri-State Biodiesel is a renewable fuel source, made from vegetable oilseed crops grown in America.
If you were curious how Movers, Not Shakers! ended up using biodiesel, we have someone on the West Coast to thank. A friend of Movers, Not Shakers! founder Mark Ehrhardt’s was fighting forest fires out west and experimenting with biodiesel in the late 1990s. He talked to Mark about the benefits of biodiesel in the early 2000s and by 2005, the Movers, Not Shakers! fleet was running on this alternative fuel.
For an environmentally responsible move, with experienced movers and a competitive price, fill out our estimate form and we’ll get back to you shortly.